Business Continuity – When your hard drive fails, make sure your data is safe
A technology that has developed in the last few years is offsite data backup/vaulting. With this system your computer goes to work after you’ve gone home. At a time determined by you, your computer comes to life and compresses the files that you have chosen, encrypts them, and then sends them via the Internet, on a secure connection, to the backup service’s servers.
Data Loss Statistics
- It takes 19 days and costs $17,000 to retype 20 megabytes of sales data
- The same volume of accounting data takes 21 days and costs $19,000
- The average failure rate of disk and tape drives is 100% – All drives eventually fail
- Most small businesses don’t have a backup plan that provides adequate protection
- A hard-drive crashes every 15 seconds
- 2,000 laptops are stolen every day
- 72% of businesses that suffer major data loss disappear within 24 months
- Human error causes 32% of data loss
- Lightning strikes, fires, Theft
Should you use our Data Backup Service?
Only you can answer that question.
- How valuable is your computer data?
- What will happen to your business without it?
- Does your current backup plan fully protect your data?
- You can purchase a new computer tomorrow. But, how long would it take to re-enter all the business data that your livelihood depends upon? Weeks? Months? A Year?
- Backups are scheduled and automatic, you don’t have to worry about it. Take care of your customers, Let us take care of your computers.
- No need to purchase backup hardware and tapes.
- No need to worry if your tapes will get worn out or if the backup completed successfully
- Extremely cost-effective and economical.
Eat Your Vegetables
- Business Continuity = ability to run your business during and immediately after a disaster
- Disaster Recovery = the long-term ability to rebuild your business capabilities after a disaster
- Simple Problems
- Erased E-Mail
- Hardware Failure
- Missed Deadlines
- Grants, Reports
- Corrupted Files
- No Data
- No Deposits
- No Paycheck
- Natural Disaster
- Snow storm
- Cost Considerations
- Disaster Recovery Timeline
- Founded on these objectives:
- Address high RTO – Fast Recovery time
- Address RPO – Provide Access to the data
- Address local and regional disasters
- Eliminate cumbersome management of tape backup systems, a tape less backup solution
- Include all servers, workstations
- Continuous data protection, hourly off-site backups
- Avoid high costs of HOT sites. Use WARM sites when required to meet RTO.
- Data, Server, Program Backup
- Automated process, no manual intervention
- Address all three major areas of security concern
- Physical Security
- Network Security
- Data Security
- Off-site storage (in multiple locations)
- Able to quickly restore systems
- Able to quickly restore critical data
- Able to quickly recover from IT disaster without critical staff
3-step approach to Recovery
- Quick File Recovery, in minutes
- Quick Failed Server Recovery, within a couple hours
- Quick Disaster Recovery for an entire site, within 24-48 hours providing access to critical applications ver the internet